Baptisms: Every last Saturday each month at 10:00am (must call the Parish Office first)
Pre-Baptism Class: Every last Friday each month at 6:30pm
By appointment only; at least SIX MONTHS advanced notice; must consult a Priest
before setting a date.
St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church Baptism Information
Diocese of San Bernardino
Congratulations and thank you for selecting Saint Francis de Sales Church for your child’s Sacrament of Baptism. We hope you find this information useful, but if you need further assistance, please call our Rectory Office at (951) 686-4004, Monday- Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We are closed for lunch from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM.
Baptism are done only once a month and have a limit of 10 children per month. Please call the rectory to secure a month.
1. Parents Parents who are registered parishioners must come to the Rectory Office to obtain Godparent Affirmation form. If the parents are not registered and do not live within our Parish boundaries, they must obtain a Letter of Permission from their church in which boundaries they live in, to have the child Baptized at St. Francis de Sales Church.
2. Godparents Godparents must have completed their Sacraments, i.e. Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation; Godparent cannot be living with someone outside of marriage and the Godparent must be attending Mass regularly. The Godparents must take the Godparent Affirmation form to the church where they regularly attend Mass and have their church sign and seal the letter to verify this information.
3. DocumentsParents must bring with them to the Rectory Office before the Baptism the following documents;
a. Child’s original Birth Certificate (Required to secure spot)
b. Baptism suggested donation of $50.00 ( Required to secure spot)
c. Completed, signed and sealed Godparent Affirmation Form for both God Parents.
d. Letter of Permission to Baptize at St. Francis de Sales (if parents do not live within the church boundaries)
e. Proof of Godparents completion of Sacraments.
4. Pre-Baptism Class All Parents and Godparents MUST attend a pre-baptismal class required by the Diocese of San Bernardino. At St. Francis, our Pre-Baptism classes are taught the Friday before the Baptism at 6:30 PM in the parish Library. The class is approximately 2-hours. Please do not bring children to the class.**Parents/Godparents may attend a Pre-Baptism class at another church, but all the paperwork, including the Pre-Baptism Certificate from that church must still be turned in to the office no later than the Monday,
of the week before the Baptism.Day of Baptism
1. Parents, Godparents (and the child), must be in the Church no later than 9:30 AM. The Baptism will begin at 10:00 AM.
2. The child should be dressed in a white garment. Baptismal Candles are not provided. You may purchase a simple white 8-inch candle or one at a Catholic/Christian store. This is used during the ceremony.
3. All Baptismal Certificates will be mailed to the parents after the event.